Schedule your COVID Vaccine
Updated Vaccine Clinic Locations
- July 17, 2021 – Day of Hope Health & Wellness Fair – Orangeburg, SC
- COVID vaccines among free health services available
- Health-oriented ‘Day of Hope’ planned for fairgrounds
- July 10, 2021 – Day of Hope Health Fair – Charleston, SC
- Charleston Social Kickball Tournament – Sign Up
- SC opens vaccine eligibility, leaders work to offer shots alongside The Palmetto Palace
- CDC funding to boost COVID-19 vaccinations in South Carolina’s minority communities
- *Photos: Mass COVID-19 vaccination on Wadmalaw Island
- SC launches mobile vaccine clinics to target rural, underserved communities
- Mobile health group to vaccinate rural residents at local churches
- SC mobile vaccine clinic administers more than 500 vaccinations
Day of Hope in Charleston, SC
The Palmetto Palace Mobile Health Unit, nonprofit 501-C3, located at 6265 Dorchester Road, whose mission is to improve the health of rural South Carolina & advance community outreach through preventive and diagnostic care supported by health information technologies to under-served populations & communities.
The Palmetto Palace Mobile Health Unit was created to help detect previously undiagnosed conditions, strengthen care coordination and continuity, improve disease management, and reduce costly emergency department (ED) visits and avoidable inpatient hospitalizations.
Addressing Health Concerns
The Palmetto Palace Mobile Health Unit will utilize a collaborative health care team-based approach to provide screenings, vaccinations, health checkups, and other women services; dental care (including oral screenings, cleanings, and dental procedures); and health education.
Goals of the Mobile Health Unit
- Screen, identify and provide health promotion/disease management services
- Foster community involvement in the health assessment and referral process
The Palmetto Palace’s Dental Unit provides quality clinical dental in a professional and efficient manner to those patients that are eligible for our dental services. The Scope of Work of dental treatment that we provide includes:
- Basic preventive and restorative dental services
- Disease prevention services
- Diagnosis and treatment of oral health problems
- Hypertension screening
- Dental education
Preventive services include:
- Well-woman visits
- Routine lab tests
- Risk assessment and adult physicals
Thank You In Advance For Your Donation That Allows Us To Continue Serving Families In Need.
Healthcare is a “right” but access to health care services is a “necessity”.
Dr. Youlanda Gibbs